This Meeting’s Topic : FGY Discusses Virtual Reality and Integration with ArchiCAD
– 6:00 to 6:10 : Wine & Cheese
– 6:10 to 7:00 : Presentation by FGY and guest speaker Shane Scranton from IrisVR
– 7:00 to 8:00 : ArchiCAD User Q&A Session / demo VR gear
Fergus Garber Young is a mid-sized architectural firm located in Palo Alto specializing in thoughtfully planned and crafted private residences and commercial developments. This session will focus on Virtual Reality (VR) technology and how a 3D model can be exported from ArchiCAD to be viewed in Virtual Reality. Shane Scranton from IrisVR will demonstrate how technological advances can enable designers and clients to better envision projects while still in the design phase.
Participants will be able to:
- learn about the latest advances in Virtual Reality (VR) technology and experience 3D models with an Oculus Rift.
- test the newest software to experience immersive, true-to-scale VR walkthroughs on their computer or mobile device.
- take away a step-by-step outline for exporting an ArchiCAD model into VR.
ArchiCAD User Clinic – Q & A Session
We will spend part of the User Group answering questions about ArchiCAD techniques and problem solving issues.
Deepen your knowledge of ArchiCAD, Building Information Modeling, and Virtual Building technology. Join us for a lively Q & A and meet some of your fellow ArchiColleagues!