1405 Clay Street
Oakland, CA 94612
– 6:00 to 6:10 : Wine & Cheese
– 6:10 to 7:00 : Presentation by Speaker
– 7:00 to 8:00 : ArchiCAD User Q&A Session
Topic : WWA BIM Blog – Sharing Knowledge
Speaker: Patrick May, Digital Design Coordinator, Walker Warner Architects
Patrick May of Walker Warner Architects will review his firm’s BIM Blog, WWA BIM, which is full of great information to help support ArchiCAD Users and grow knowledge within the ArchiCAD community. The WWA BIM Blog is open to ALL ArchiCAD Users. As described by Patrick, here are some of the benefits of a company blog:
- Great way to document and introduce coworkers to new workflows that will improve productivity.
- Quick and easy way to relay information from those with BIM and ARCHICAD knowledge to all employees of all experience levels.
- Allows one to share (and get feedback on) firm specific solutions that are valuable to all project teams within the firm.
- Opens a dialogue to develop modeling and documentation solutions without the need to call a meeting for every problem that comes up.
- Can be graphic heavy and an easier way to describe solutions than sending an email to one coworker.
- Sharing with the global community allows for the crowdsourcing of solutions to problems faced by the firm.
- Often a blog post is just the starting point for a broader discussion via Social Media with other users inside and outside the firm.
- Becomes a single source for all software related troubleshooting and solutions. The average coworker doesn’t need to follow every BIM blog, online forum, discussion group, etc.
- Becomes the place where users not obsessed with ARCHICAD can more easily learn from the coworker(s) who are.
ArchiCAD User Clinic – Q & A Session
We will spend part of the User Group answering questions about ArchiCAD techniques and problem solving issues.
Deepen your knowledge of ArchiCAD, Building Information Modeling, and Virtual Building technology. Join us for a lively Q & A and meet some of your fellow ArchiColleagues!