Website Mikiten Architecture
Looking for a smart, self-motivated mid-level to senio architect
ABOUT THE POSITION
Mikiten Architecture is looking for a smart, self-directed Mid-Level to Senior Architect (full or part time) who shares our passion for innovation in housing, single-family homes, workplace projects, Universal Design, and research.
• You energize others and have an upbeat, can-do attitude
• You are excited to be part of expanding our global leadership in Universal Design.
• You have an acute attention to detail and the ability to think through, organize, and manage a project.
• You are highly principled and see meaning in work that’s socially important and also advances ideas of sculptural design.
• You have a passion for diving in deep and running with a project, from the first line drawn to the last touch on the building.
• You are interested in working on both small and large projects.
• Enjoyment of beauty, quiet, and focus in their workspace and in their projects.
Mikiten Architecture designs award-winning buildings in every category, with a theme of art and social justice behind each one. We are skillful, determined, dedicated and curious. We are mission-driven and believe that a dedicated, entrepreneurial-minded team is our greatest asset. We’ve been passionate users of Archicad since 1991.
Our new sister firm focuses on showing the world that Universal Design (UD) isn’t just a set of technical goals, but rather an opportunity for greater creativity and even more dramatically beautiful buildings…that happen to be comfortable for everyone. Although we offer technical expertise, it’s the artistic opportunities that made us create a new company, so we called it The Art Of Access (www.ArtOfAccess.com). We’re already influencing Workplace design of some of the biggest tech firms on the planet.
This position is for work under both Mikiten Architecture and The Art of Access.
Only local candidates able to physically work in our office – no remote-only applicants will be considered. We have some work-from-home flexibility, but the creative energy of in-person collaboration is critical.
WHY WORK WITH US?
• Enjoy a beautiful, supportive work environment opening to a peaceful private garden
• Fun, creative projects with good clients
• A firm dedicated to design innovation and sustainability
• A global leadership position in Universal Design
• A surprising range of work for a small office: multifamily, commercial, new tech workplaces, single-family, and UD-specific work of all flavors
• Flexibility for employees with children or other family duties
• Health care benefits
• 4+ years of experience for mid-level position, or 7+ years for senior position (licensed or close to licensure).
• Experience producing a full set of CD’s and developing architectural details.
• Construction administration experience.
• Strong BIM skills. We use Archicad (not AutoCAD). We prefer a candidate with Archicad experience, but will consider those with strong overall 3D BIM capabilities (such as Revit).
• Knowledge of and passion for Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
TO APPLY – Please submit the following:
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter (share why you are interested in this position and please describe your Archicad or other BIM capabilities in detail.)
3. A link to your work OR 3 PDF images of representative design work AND production work (no CAD files).
To apply for this job email your details to Erick@MikitenArch.com