ArchiCAD Basics Training
Learn the basics of GRAPHISOFT® ArchiCAD with this online course. Appropriate for new users of ArchiCAD or ArchiCAD START Edition. Benefits include:
- Four recorded sessions for easy comprehension.
- Learn from an experienced ArchiCAD Instructor.
- Receive a Practice Model to download for use with ArchiCAD.
- 24/7 online access to ArchiCAD Basic Training materials.
ARCHICAD Basic Training is available through a LEARNVIRTUAL Training Membership for as little as $39/month or $399/year.
Learn the basics of GRAPHISOFT® ArchiCAD with this online course. Appropriate for new users of ArchiCAD or ArchiCAD START Edition and experienced users who desire a high level orientation of the basic aspects of the application. Benefits include:
- 24/7 online access to ArchiCAD Basics Training 8-Hour Course, broken down into 2-hour segments for easy comprehension.
- A Practice Model to download for use with ArchiCAD.
- Lessons from an Experienced ArchiCAD Instructor.
- 1 Year Login allows you to learn at your own pace and revisit the course materials as often as you’d like.
The four sessions introduce the concepts of BIM and how to model a virtual building within ArchiCAD. You will learn to navigate within a virtual building environment, explore basic modeling techniques and discover how to manage a building information model.
Part 1: Starting a Design
In this first section you will learn how to use ArchiCAD in the early stages of a design. Beginning with the basic concepts of ArchiCAD, the class progresses through project setup including stories, layers and model views.
Part 2: Developing a BIM Model
Here you will discover how to use ArchiCAD’s modeling tools to develop the building design. We will review the tools used to create the building shell including foundation, floors, walls, roof, ceilings, curtain walls, windows and doors.
Part 3: Detailing the BIM Model
We will continue to work with the modeling tools in this section. The focus will be on the creation of stairs, complex walls, site components, interiors, modifying floors and adding railings into a design.
Part 4: Documenting Your Project Using Views
Finally, we will explore how to create views from the building model. You will learn about creating sections, elevations, callouts and model views as well as the creation and modification of drawing sheets.