Archicad Basics OnDemand Training
Learn the basics of ARCHICAD with this online course. Appropriate for new users of Archicad or Archicad Solo or as a refresher for experienced users. Compatible with versions 24, 23, 22 and 21.
- Four video sessions for easy comprehension.
- Instruction from an experienced Archicad Coach.
- Receive a Practice Model to download for use with ARCHICAD.
- 24/7 online access to Archicad Basic Training materials.
The Basics Training is also part of our LearnVirtual program where it’s accessible as part of a monthly or annual Premium Membership. To review the Basics Training on LearnVirtual click here >>
Learn the basics of Archicad with this online course. Appropriate for new users of Archicad or Archicad Solo and experienced users who desire a high level orientation of the basic aspects of the application. Compatible with Archicad versions 24, 23, 22 and 21.
- 24/7 online access to Archicad Basics Training 8-Hour Course, broken down into 2-hour segments for easy comprehension.
- A Practice Model to download for use with ArchiCAD.
- Lessons from an Experienced Archicad Instructor.
- 1 Year Login allows you to learn at your own pace and revisit the course materials as often as you’d like.
The four sessions introduce the concepts of BIM and how to model a virtual building within Archicad. You will learn to navigate within a virtual building environment, explore basic modeling techniques and discover how to manage a building information model.
Part 1: Understanding Concepts & Tools
In this first section you will learn how to use Archicad in the early stages of a design. Beginning with the basic concepts of ArchiCAD, the class progresses through project setup including stories, layers and model views.
Part 2: Creating a BIM Model
Here you will discover how to use Archicad’s modeling tools to develop the building design. We will review the tools used to create the building shell including foundation, floors, walls, roof, ceilings, curtain walls, windows and doors.
Part 3: Adding Detail to Your Model
We will continue to work with the modeling tools in this section. The focus will be on the creation of stairs, complex walls, site components, interiors, modifying floors and adding railings into a design.
Part 4: Documenting Your Project
Finally, we will explore how to create views from the building model. You will learn about creating sections, elevations, callouts and model views as well as the creation and modification of drawing sheets.