Click the title or “+” button for an overview of an event. To view event details or register for an event click the “Read more” button of the expanded event overview.
If you’re still using 2D CAD such as AutoCAD or Vectorworks and you’re curious about BIM you should attend this seminar where we’ll introduce you to:
- An overview of BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Advantages and benefits of an integrated 2D/3D workflow
- How to create a smooth transition from traditional CAD to BIM
While 2D CAD systems are very powerful for drafting they fall short when coordinating project changes. This is why businesses are shifting to BIM to increase productivity and streamline a project’s workflow to:
- Avoid mistakes due to different modifications
- Improve the coordination between the different disciplines
- Better analyze the building’s properties
- and much more…
Get a jump start on learning the basics of BIM and how to model for real-time visualization. We will focus on how to quickly create a project model with simple andconcise steps. In this training you will learn:
- Overview of the ARCHICAD interface
- Understanding how to navigate a project with views.
- Tips for 2D and 3D navigation
- Commonly used keyboard shortcuts and commands
- Instructions for drawing, modeling and editing
- Other essentials to familiarize yourself with creating a design using ARCHICAD’s modeling tools.
Whether you’re an established firm or a young studio, technology is rapidly evolving in the AEC market and clients are expecting high-tech when it comes to architectural design services. This is leading businesses to rethink their design approach.
We will review how firms are adapting to this change by:
- Shifting BIM earlier into the design process
- Incorporating “real-time” visualization
- Integrating immersive technologies such as Unreal Engine and HTC Vive
- Using mobile apps such as the BIMx Hyper-model for presentations, design review and on-site coordination.
Join us to embark on a look at High-Tech in today’s creative workflow and glimpse the future where we envision how design technologies will impact the profession.
Forward-thinking architecture firms and interior designers are increasingly leaning on real-time visualization to explore, evaluate, and present designs. By providing clients and project stakeholders the opportunity to experience spaces in interactive and immersive environments, real-time technology offers a compelling method for communication.
The next generation of architectural visualization tools is providing new ways to accelerate workflows. More intuitive user interfaces are drastically reducing learning curves, while offering new ways to quickly and easily connect to BIM software for increased productivity and faster iterations.
In this course you will learn:
- A review of software solutions that offer real-time visualization.
- How real-time visualization can be used as a design tool for architecture and interior design.
- Hardware required to run real-time visualization solutions.
- Process to integrate 3D BIM models and how you update project changes.
- Adding and editing materials, lights, furnishings and landscape elements.
- How to create and render still images and animations
- The process to use real-time visualization with VR (virtual reality)
AIA CES: 2 LUs