MODELPORT for Archicad
Edit and Manage Imported Objects or Models
Archicad Objects Unleashed
Import | Preview | Edit | Manage | Optimize
With ModelPort you can import, preview, edit and manage settings for a wide variety of objects such as OBJ, FBX, DAE, Revit, SketchUp and more. We invite you to review the features below that have made it the leading Archicad add-on for editing and managing imported models.
ModelPort Key Benefits :
- Expanded import formats compared to Archicad defaults
- Preview third party models before import
- Edit imported models from OBJ, FBX, DAE, RFA, SKP & more
- Clean up messy graphics for 2D symbols and 3D models
- Add textures and edit materials for any imported surface
- Delete selected meshes and elements in the ModelPort Editor
- Reduce polygon count & file size of imported models
- Batch import to save time converting third party models
We regularly receive feedback from our users for ideas and enhancements. Our latest update to ModelPort includes 27 improvements and new features (review update details)…
New Features in ModelPort 3.1.4 :
- MVO detail level can be linked to model elements (AC23 and above)
- Insert at Hotspot allows users to customize placement position
- Higher quality texture display in preview window
- Material search & folders to match Archicad 26 new dialog design
Formats Supported thru ModelPort’s Direct Import
Formats Supported thru
Archicad’s Standard Import
Use “Import from Archicad” for RFA, IFC & other formats
- For Revit RFA, IFC and other formats NOT available in ModelPort’s default 14 format options use “Import from Archicad” to edit and manage these model types.
- Here’s how you use the “Import from Archicad” feature…
- Import RFA, IFC or Archicad elements using Archicad’s built-in importer
- Place and select the Object
- Choose the Import from Archicad option from the ModelPort menu
Import Archicad elements into ModelPort
- Use “Import from Archicad” to import Walls, Slabs, Columns, Morphs and other elements into ModelPort in order to combine Archicad elements with an imported model.
- In this example we increased performance, cleaned up the symbol and customized graphics of a Viking Range model downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
Batch Import to reduce wasted time
- If you regularly download objects from third party websites or manufacturers this feature allows you to quickly import files.
- With ModelPort select files and use Batch Import to reduce time importing multiple models.
PREVIEW MODELS & IMPROVE GRAPHICS
Review third party objects before import
- Avoid wasted time and lost productivity importing objects you’re not going to use!
- ModelPort allows you to preview multiple in our Interactive Preview Editor where you can review an object in perspective, floor plan, elevation or symbolic graphic view.
- Use Batch Import to speed to the import of multiple files with just a few clicks.
Cleans up 2D symbols and 3D models
- When a model or objects are imported to Archicad with curved surfaces it will often create messy 2D symbols and 3D graphics.
- Imports using ModelPort will automitically clean up both the symbols in plan as well as the graphics in 3D model elements.
Fast performance when reviewing larger models
- Integrates a 3D graphics engine powered by Vulkan, a next generation GPU platform.
- This graphics engine provides increased lighting accuracy, better graphics quality, support for high-resolution displays and faster performance to handle larger models, such as a 6.7 million polygon historic chapel model shown to the right.
Material Preview and Visual Feedback
- To help users better identify model scenes, surfaces and textures we’ve automated previews and material icons for the following…
- Preview image is now automated for Material preview sub-view, Scene (GDL image) preview image and Texture preview image.
- Preview icons are now automated for Scene items, Material items and Texture items.
- Provides interactive feedback to increase ease of use such as…
- When your model is out of view click “Pull Scene” to fit content to window.
EDIT & MANAGE PROPERTIES
Visual & interactive editor of imported elements
- Select elements that are highlighted in perspective, elevation and plan views.
- Edit the Properties of a selected element from the Items List or a Context Menu.
- Interactive click-editable dimensions within the Preview Window.
- Accurately rescale imported models with percentage values.
Define visibility of model elements
- When using 3rd party models you’ll often find that you need to delete or hide elements that we’re left ON by the author or not required for your project.
- In ModelPort you can choose to delete or hide elements within the Preview Window or the Properties of a selected element.
Reduce object polygon count & detail level
- An object with a high polygon count can decrease speed and performance of Archicad.
- A Polygon Count Indicator in the 3D Viewer shows red in the bar graph when the polygon count is high.
- With the Poly Reduced Editor you can decrease the polygons on models that have a high polygon count.
- Adjust the detail level of an imported model and link it with Model View Options.
Reduce file size with ModelPort Format
- The Save Mode offers 3 format options:
- ModelPort : Reduces size of imported files up to 80% (requires ModelPort Plug-in).
- GDL : Archicad format but doesn’t store ModelPort data and creates larger file size.
- GDL+ModelPort : All benefits of both options above but creates largest file size.
Organize objects with the ModelPort Browser
- The ModelPort Browser helps you organize and preview downloaded libraries.
- The browser offers visual navigation through a library of downloaded objects.
- A selected object in the browser can be opened into ModelPort for review without importing to Archicad.