|Algorithmic Design Meets BIM
Discover how combining algorithmic design with BIM can be used to generate design concepts with tools such as ARCHICAD, Rhino and Grasshopper.
|Influence of Gaming on Architecture
Explore the benefits of “real-time” rendering and how gaming engines are allowing architects to not just visualize a project but experience design.
|Immersive Design – VR to Mobile
Examine immersion technologies that support the architectural design process without breaking the bank including BIMx, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
- Thomas M. Simmons, President, ARCHVISTA Consulting
- Simmons was recently a speaker at the Graphisoft 2020GO Conference in Budapest and at the AIA California Monterey Design Conference. He has over 20 years of experience implementing BIM into architecture, interior design and construction companies ranging from small firms to multi-national corporations as well as management of the Architectural Record – Record Homes Virtual Tours and the award-winning NASA Virtual Tours.
What you will learn:
- Review technologies that increase your presentation effectiveness to help sell your design.
- Examine design and visualization solutions for architecture including BIMx, Rhino, Grasshopper, ARCHICAD, Unreal Engine and HTC Vive.
- Discover how architects use immersion technologies, through case studies, to improve the understanding of a project and create better design decisions.
- Explore how mobile and virtual reality are impacting methods for presenting and communicating in the design and construction phase.
AIA CE: 1.0 LU’s
Limited seats are available so register early.