Click the title or “+” button for an overview of an event. To view event details or register for an event click the “Read more” button of the expanded event overview.
- Tags 2d 2D Drafting 2d to 3d 3d 3D Modeling 3d objects 3D Workflow AIA California ArchiCAD archicad favorites archicad graphic standards archicad interiors archicad library archicad library parts archicad object library archicad objects archicad project preferences archicad standards archicad template archicad training ARCHICAD User Group archiframe architecture Artlantis BIM bim in 30 minutes bimcloud BIMx buidling together building schedules Coach commercial complex forms covid Design detail library details documentation drawing views Education engineer Event framing Gast Architects graphic standards historic integrated design interior design interiors layouts LearnVirtual library mobile modeling modelport objects Oregon Portland productivity project types real-time visualization rendering renovation residential retail rethink bim rethink the future standards steel framing structural structures teams technology template title blocks tool settings Training twin motion Twinmotion user group virtual reality visualization washington why archicad why bim wood framing Workflow
Discover the innovative strategies that are being used to survive and thrive in today’s competitive architecture and design profession. Join this webinar to learn how Archicad can transform your business and why our users experience an average productivity gain of 38%.
OnDemand Webinar Recordings
Join us to examine…
- How to model existing conditions quickly and accurately
- How to use existing conditions to produce better designs in less time
- How to manage phases and renovation filters to control the display of drawings to match company standards
For Passacantando Architects renovation is a big part of what they do and ARCHICAD makes the process a whole lot easier. “Using the renovation filter helped us see what needed to remain and what could be torn down, of course,” explained Andrew Passacantando when talking about the recent renovation of an historic home. “Showing the existing conditions and proposed changes made it easier for us to communicate with the folks involved in approving our ideas.”
Join this BIM in 30 Minutes webinar to discover how to Model Once. You’ll uncover that designing in ARCHICAD with a SketchUp style workflow maintains the model integrity and contains valuable building information that is carried through the entire design and documentation process. You’ll learn how to:
- Use BIM as a design tool similar to SketchUp.
- Use SketchUp style commands, such as Push Pull and Follow Me, in a BIM solution.
- Avoid lost time and money rebuilding SketchUp models when transitioning to BIM.
Our clients start in ARCHICAD at the beginning of design and seamlessly move into construction documents without rebuilding the model. Stefan Hampden of CAST Architecture in Seattle recently commented that “they used to use SketchUp a lot more in early design but find they need it less and less” when using ARCHICAD.
- Shift BIM earlier into the design process
- Incorporate “real-time” visualization such as Twinmotion with the Unreal Engine
- Use mobile apps such as the BIMx Hyper-model for presentations, design review and on-site coordination.
The team at Scenario Architecture is increasingly using real-time visualization in their design process. “I don’t wait anymore,” says Teodora Iancu, one of Scenario’s Architectural Designers. “As soon as I have an idea, I draw it in ARCHICAD and then one click away, it’s there for me to see” in Twinmotion. He says “it’s become intrinsic to our design.”
- Convert a 2D drawing into a 3D detail.
- Connect building materials to details for visualization and schedules.
- Extract a 2D detail drawing from a 3D detail with annotation.
Timothy Ball with jhd Architects rarely draws in 2D. He prefers to resolve design and construction details in 3D. “You can’t fake it in 3D” says Ball. When you model in 3D with detail “you have the confidence that what you are designing can actually be built.”
- Share BIM projects with small to large teams.
- Collaborate using model-based instant messaging for tracking issues, project management and team coordination.
- Work in remote locations with fast, easy access to the BIMcloud.
At Ordiz-Melby Architects they use ARCHICAD to increase productivity and improve collaboration. Jeannie Bertolaccini, Principal commented that “it’s elevated our interview process, collaboration with clients and communication with contractors. No other program provides real-time coordination with our consultants using Teamwork“.